What to do… Where to go…
• Dartmoor National Park is on the doorstep for beautiful scenery and wonderful walking for all abilities
• Rural cycling routes
• Two Moors Way footpath
• Castle Drogo – 10 minutes
• Finch Foundry – 5 minutes
• Becky Falls – 25 minutes
• Morwellham Quay – 40 minutes
• Miniature Pony Centre – 20 minutes
• Cotehele National Trust House – 30 minutes
• Lydford Gorge – 15 minutes
• Crealy Adventure Park – 20 minutes away
• The market town of Chagford with a large range of restaurants, cafes and pubs is 4 miles away.
• Moorland town of Tavistock – 25 minutes with pubs, theatre, museums
• Exeter, historic cathedral city – 20 minutes. Shopping, cinemas, theatres etc.
• Eden Project – 1 hour.
• We are just 5 minutes from the A30 which takes you quickly into Cornwall for all major visitor centres and beaches.
Visit Ground Up Cookery School – A cookery school focusing on seasonal and forage food. Located opposite Oinkers Farm Shop (on Drakes farm in Crockernwell). Enjoy their fabulous range of products and courses while you stay at Gooseford Farm Bed and Breakfast.
Have a look at our links page for more details on the above attractions. We are happy for you to bring your horse to graze in one of our fields, stabling is limited
Exploring Dartmoor on your own horse
Why not spend a week seeing Dartmoor with your horse from two locations? Stay with us near Throwleigh and see all what our moors have to offer, then ride to Widecombe and explore the moor from Langworthy Farm? Click the link to see what Langworthy Farm has to offer. We have parking for your lorry or trailer at Gooseford Farm while you are away.